Friday, January 15, 2010
Planning, Planning, Planning
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE
We can't be as free-wheeling as we were six years ago - we found that out last year! Campgrounds are booking quickly! So, contrary to the Geezer philosophy, we are planning ahead for this year's sojourn.
Plans are still somewhat in flux for the beginning and end of the trip, but we have nailed down the middle. Here is what our plans are so far...
1) Packing the camper & kayaks and leaving from NY on 2/28 or 3/1 - hitting a motel for one night enroute then heading for Gulf Islands National Seashore in Ocean Springs MS for a few nights.
2) From there, a few nights in New Orleans area then...
3) 3/9 - 3/12 St. Josephs Peninsula State Park (Florida Panhandle) then to...
4) 3/12 - 3/15 Manatee Springs State Park (You remember that place from last year, dear reader)
5) 3/15 - 3/21 Long Point County park (near Sebastian Inlet) Our Geezerettes are going to fly down to join us starting on the 16th. While there, we will probably take the obligatory trip to the land of the mutant rat.
6) 3/21 - 3/25 Collier-Seminole State Park (SW coast - Marco Island area)
7) 3/25 - 3/28 - Crooked River SP in St. Mary's GA (Submariner paradise)
8) 3/28 -? Somewhere north of Georgia and south of New York for a couple of days then shooting home by 3/31 or 4/1
If anyone wants to meet up with us along the way.... Chime in!